The Port Coquitlam Community Foundation is pleased to announce the grant recipients for their 4th annual Community Grants Awards.
This year, $20,000 will go towards supporting six community based organizations projects to support children and youth, arts and culture, education, social services, recreation and health services that directly benefit the residents in Port Coquitlam.
This year grant recipients and projects include:
- Children of the Street Society – to support youth workshops on sexual exploitation prevention
- I Am Someone – to expand the TEXT 211 Bullying support call centre
- Port Coquitlam Heritage Society – to publish a children’s book on the history of Port Coquitlam
- Stroke Recovery Society – to support a therapeutic singing program for stroke survivors
- Volunteer Cancer Drivers Society – to provide free transportation for cancer patients
- Watershed Watch Salmon Society – to support an education campaign on invasive plant species
To view pictures from our Granting Celebration event, please visit http://pocofoundation.com/events/events-around-town/