84% of Canadian contribute to charity on an annual basis. We can help you to help your client plan for charitable giving.
We give your clients the flexibility to shape their own charitable giving to support the causes that mean the most to them. Attorneys, accountants, financial planners, and other professional advisors work with the Port Coquitlam Community Foundation to enhance the service clients seek from you and your firm.
Make Giving Easy for Your Clients
Our foundation can provide a single point of contact for all of an advisor’s charitable planning needs and can help you provide your clients with options and resources for charitable giving.
Community Foundations are local foundations offering a variety of ways to give that have a lasting impact on communities. We can work with you to help you craft philanthropy plans that suit your clients’ financial situations and fulfill their financial and charitable giving goals.
Everyone wins when we work together. Advisors forge deeper client relationships. Clients benefit from tax advantages. And our communities are better supported – all through effective charitable giving.
Did you know about Lifetime Gift of RRSP/RRIF?
- It is possible to donate a portion especially at time when RRSP becomes a RRIF
- If a plan holder does not need income from RRIF, they can donate payments and use tax receipt to offset taxes payable on receipt of payment
Did you know we accept stocks?
- You can give gifts of stocks from TFSA or any public listed stocks
Did you know the benefits of bequests?
- Reduce the income tax on an estate by donating to Port Coquitlam Community Foundation
- The taxes saved through the donation goes back to their family
Did you know we can accept gifts of Life Insurance plans?
- PCCF as owner and beneficiary of Policy – tax benefit during lifetime
- PCCF as only the beneficiary of Policy – tax benefit at death
Tools and Resources
- Charitable Tax Calculator – Help your clients make the most of their charitable giving
- Canadian Charitable Gift Matrix – Your guide for gifts of cash to Life Insurance Policy to Bequests of Retirement Plan Accumulations and more
- Gifts of Life Insurance – Gifting a life insurance policy to PCCF is a perfect way to leave a potentially larger gift to charity than you may be able to make in your lifetime
- Providing a Gift in a Will – Including a charitable bequest in a Will is a simple way to make a lasting gift to your community Port Coquitlam
- Charitable Giving in Canadian Wills – Current trends and opportunities in legacy giving
- Deed of Gift Template – A Deed between the donor and community foundation ensures the charitable gift includes appropriate consideration of donor interests and objectives
- Gifts of Appreciated Securities – Initiate a securities transfer to Port Coquitlam Community Foundation
- Comparing Three Approaches to Giving – Why gift planning with Port Coquitlam Community Foundation is a preferred choice
- Donor Bill of Rights
Professional Advisors eResource Toolkit
These valuable resources have been developed by Community Foundations of Canada to help advisors as they work with their clients to meet their philanthropic goals.To download this toolkit, please click on Professional Advisors eResource toolkit.