10 reasons people choose to give to Port Coquitlam Community Foundation
- We are a local organization with deep roots in Port Coquitlam, and part of a nationwide movement whose support we build and share.
- We bring donors to the table as community builders, working closely with them to align their philanthropic vision with the community’s needs.
- We identify long-term needs and opportunities and invest in solutions that let our communities guide their own future.
- We take a broad and inclusive view of what a community is, and provide grants to the widest possible range of organizations and initiatives.
- We provide highly personal and flexible service, accepting a wide variety of assets and offering donors maximum tax advantage.
- We build permanent fundsand those that can respond to immediate needs, helping our community ensure vital futures.
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts.
- We believe that diversity is strength, so we bring the entire community together to stimulate new ideas, build participation and strengthen community philanthropy.
- We are transparent and reputable stewards of community resources, committed to being accountable, accessible and responsive.
- We build community vitality– the unique and essential spirit that flourishes when people believe their community holds possibilities for everyone.
The Port Coquitlam Community Foundation is a public foundation and registered charity established by and for the people of the City of Port Coquitlam. Our work allows us to invest in local charities and create a community where everyone’s needs are met. We focus on our city’s greatest needs and opportunities through our philanthropy, grants, and leadership.
PoCo Community Foundation helps donors create the legacy they want and is a catalyst for change in the community. We offer donors powerful and diverse opportunities to drive positive change through the broadest possible range of charitable organizations and initiatives in the Tri-Cities. Since our humble beginning ten years ago, we have invested over $1.1 million in grants and bursaries. By increasing individuals, groups, and organizations’ capabilities and resilience, we will strengthen our community.
Our message is simple. We ask the people and businesses of PoCo to invest in their community. The PoCo Community Foundation takes a group of individuals, linked only by the place they live or work, to a group of people with the common goal of a community in which everyone’s needs are met, where we are connected and supported. As a public foundation, we help individuals, families & businesses to fulfill their philanthropic wishes.
- We are local.
- We are dedicated to the community.
- We believe in the power of community.
Give now or give later through gift planning – together we are creating a greater good and greater future in Port Coquitlam.