TSFL Bursary 2022
Port Coquitlam Community Foundation Theatre Society Legacy Fund (TSLF) Arts Education Bursary Application Deadline – Midnight April 30th, 2022
Bursaries of up to $2,000 each are available for students who have graduated or plan to graduate in 2022 from a high school (public or private) in the Tri-Cities region (Anmore, Belcarra, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody).
The Theatre Society Legacy Fund – Arts Education Bursary is intended for a student enrolled at a CRA-recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or internationally in a formal arts program anywhere in the world.
Arts is defined as a creative activity that expresses imaginative or technical skills. It produces a product or an object. The product/object of art is called a work of art for others to experience. It includes drawing, painting, sculpting, photography, digital art, performance art, dance, music, poetry, prose, theatre, and culinary arts.
To be eligible to apply for the Theater Society Legacy Fund (TSLF) Arts Education Bursary, you must meet the following requirements:
- must be enrolled in an undergraduate program OR any year of a post-graduate program at a recognized post-secondary institution in a formal arts program anywhere in the world
- demonstrate academic merit and financial need
- include a short essay (max 500 words) Arts – Why This Is My Future
- include a summary of your previous and current involvement in Arts (max 300 words)
- have not received the TSLF Arts Bursary during the last academic year
- mature or returning students are eligible to apply provided they meet the other eligibility criteria
- applicants do not have to be current residents of the Tri-Cities area but must have graduated from a secondary school in the Tri-Cities region (see the list of eligible secondary schools)
Eligible Secondary Institutions
- Archbishop Carney Regional Secondary School
- British Columbia Christian Academy
- Centennial Secondary
- Charles Best Secondary
- Gleneagles Secondary
- Heritage Woods Secondary
- Inquiry Hub Secondary School
- L’école des Pionniers de Maillardville
- Pinetree Secondary
- Port Moody Secondary
- Riverside Secondary
- Su’walkh Secondary School
- Terry Fox Secondary
TSLF Arts Fund Bursary Application
Paper or email applications are not accepted. Email info@pocofoundation if you have issues accessing the online application form. See the resources below for a PDF version of the application questions.