Apply for a Community Grant
Each year, the Port Coquitlam Community Foundation funds projects proposed by registered charities active in youth, seniors, health and wellness, homelessness, arts and culture and organized sports. The PoCo Foundation Grant Program focuses on projects that take an innovative approach to serve the citizens of Port Coquitlam. Grants are provided based on the availability of funds and how well the proposed project aligns with our grant guidelines.
- Spring Intake: April 19th – May 31st
- Fall Intake: August 18th – September 29th
- All applications are submitted online or orally
Please note: TSLF Arts Grant Applications open late summer with a September 29th deadline.
Our Granting Goals
- Have a direct and meaningful impact on a significant number of people
- When possible, involve community partnerships and maximize and leverage PoCo Community Foundation’s investments
- Strive to fund innovative programs or services
- Ensure objectives for each grant are met and the final report is received
- Endeavour to have each funded project or program align with the vision, mission and values
- Recognize and value diversity, equity and inclusion within the community
- Respond to the changing nature of the community by listening to community organizations in order to identify areas of high priority as they arise
What We Fund
- Organizations of any size
- Projects, programs, or services viewed as being innovative (out-of-the-box)
- Any type of opportunity: start-up, operating, etc.
- Capital projects (where the capital piece is key to the success of the project)
- Salaries as part of an overall project
- Operating funds in cases of urgent need where an applicant has a plan for sustainability.
- NEW Projects that respond to needs recovering from COVID-19 pandemic in Port Coquitlam
We Do Not Fund
- Organizations that discriminate by race, religion, colour, creed, sex, age or national origin
- Individuals (note – except for bursaries and scholarships)
- Advertising for benefit purposes including sporting events, conferences
- Religious or sectarian organizations unless engaged in a project benefiting the entire community, not just members of the religious or sectarian group
- Annual fundraising campaigns
- Debt retirement
- Retroactively to projects that have already taken place
- Endowment funds
- CRA registration must be current and in good standing with CRA or a Registered Non-Profit with a signed Intermediary Agreement with a qualified donee
- All submitted materials become the property of the PoCo Community Foundation
- Organizations must demonstrate the ability to realize their mission by demonstrating viability and long-term stability
- The potential recipient organization’s project or program must directly impact Port Coquitlam
- NEW! The PoCo Community Foundation will operate on a bi-annual granting cycle (two granting cycles per annum in 2022)
- Applicants are restricted to receiving one Community Grant per program per calendar year.
- We fund a specific project/ program for no more than two consecutive years; the PoCo Community Foundation reserves the right to extend past two years
- A successful grant recipient must take a one-year break before they can re-apply if they have already received two consecutive years of funding
- In the event the grant recipient cannot complete the project or program, for any reason, all unused grant money shall be immediately returned
- In the event the grant recipient ceases to operate or becomes insolvent, all unused grant money shall be immediately returned to PoCo Community Foundation
- The criteria for all granting decision conditions will remain confidential to the PoCo Community Foundation Granting Committee and Board
As part of the review process, the Granting Committee may request to visit an applicant’s premises or program for which funds are requested. While site visits may require some accommodation on the part of both the applicant and the Granting Committee, refusal to accommodate a site visit may result in the application being denied.
Following the review of formal applications, and after consideration of any other information gained through site visits, the Granting Committee will make recommendations to the PoCo Community Foundation Board of Directors, whose decisions are final.
Granting decisions to both successful and unsuccessful applicants are notified in a timely fashion.
All successful applicants are required to sign an Accountability Agreement prior to receiving funds. The agreement will clearly state all terms and conditions associated with the specific grant received.
All grant recipients must submit a final report. Failure to submit a final report within the agreed-to time frame may result in the denial of future grants or payments. The Granting Committee is responsible for defining the specific requirements of a final report.
PoCo Community Foundation requires that all grant recipients provide appropriate recognition for grants received. PoCo Foundation may publish details of any grants in its communications materials at its discretion.
PoCo Community Grant Application
All Community Grant applications must have a charitable registration number from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). If you are a BC Registered Non-profit Society without a CRA charitable registration number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about next steps to use an Intermediary Agreement. More information on Intermediary Agreements are found here.
If your organization is eligible, follow one of the following processes to apply. Paper or email applications are not accepted.
1. Oral Application
Live or recorded oral applications are accepted. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to submit an oral application.
2. Online Application
All submitted materials become the property of the PoCo Community Foundation. By applying, you consent to and acknowledge that PoCo Community Foundation may share information about your application or your organization on our website and with media, our staff, donors, and subject-matter experts.
PCCF Application Guide
Excel Budget File
If you have trouble downloading the resources, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org