Applications are open from February 17th – March 31st. Go to “Apply Now” to submit an application.
The Community Capital Projects Matching Grant Program encourages projects expected to result in direct benefits to the community. Individuals and organizations may request funding from projects which involve capital assets (specialized equipment), new construction, renovation or expansion of community facilities or spaces such as sports fields, parks, environmental habitat, community recreation, arts and culture, streetscapes etc.
The Community Capital Projects Matching Grant Program encourages projects in concurrence with the vision and objective areas in the City’s Strategic Plan. The goal of the Program is to enhance community facilities and capital assets that benefit our community. The grant allows individuals and organizations to request funding for projects which involve specialized equipment or new construction, renovation or expansion of community facilities or spaces such as sports fields, parks, environmental habitat, community recreation, arts and culture, streetscapes, etc.
Socially worthwhile projects that primarily provide a mixed benefit(s)/access to the community.
These are projects whereby both the organization and the community receive direct identifiable benefits.
HIGHLIGHTS OF PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- The Program will contribute up to 50% of the total cost of a project, a minimum of $1000 to a maximum of $10,000, subject to the budgeted City of Port Coquitlam Community Fund allocated annually by the City Council to Port Coquitlam Community Foundation.
- Only Port Coquitlam-based organizations are eligible to apply for funding.
- Funding must be for assets and capital projects, including new specialized equipment, new construction or upgrades of community facilities, sports fields, parks, playgrounds, environmental habitat, and indoor sports areas.
- All projects must occur within Port Coquitlam, and the benefiting parties must be more than 50% of Port Coquitlam residents.
- A review committee will rank the applications based on project cost, community support, project need, project impact, and project design. PoCo Community Foundation will announce the decision approximately 2 months after the applications close.
- 2023 applications are only accepted online.