Emergency Community Support Fund – Round 2
The Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) offers grants to charities working with vulnerable populations impacted by the COVID-19 crisis in Port Coquitlam. Applications are now open. Deadline to apply is October 30, 2020 11:59 PM EDT.
Applicants will receive a decision no later than December 15, 2020 at 11:59 PM PST.
The Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) is a $350M investment from the Government of Canada to support charities and non-profit organizations serving vulnerable populations as they manage the impacts of COVID-19.
The ECSF first opened to receive applications on May 19, 2020. The first round of funding supported projects in every province and territory and for every vulnerable group. The Government of Canada is releasing the balance of the funds now to ensure it and its partners can make adjustments, as necessary, to continue responding to evolving emergency needs as a result of COVID-19.
Questions about the Emergency Community Support Fund can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ECSF is a collaboration between Canada’s community foundations and the Community Foundations of Canada, funded by the Government of Canada.
Who is eligible?
The ECSF will provide immediate financial support for organizations that are serving vulnerable populations as they manage the impacts of COVID-19. Qualified donees may apply for a grant of up to $75,000 per project.
Criteria for eligibility:
- Be a qualified donee
- Be serving people in the cities of Port Coquitlam
- Projects must:
- Clearly address a pressing social inclusion or well-being need caused by COVID-19
- Serve one or more vulnerable groups as defined in the application guide – Round 2
- Be carried out in a short time frame with a reasonable budget. Project-related costs must be incurred between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021. Applicants are required to submit a budget to identify eligible project expenses. Please ensure that your budget accounts for the full amount of the grant that you have requested.
- Projects must not:
- Be designed for fundraising purposes
- Generate profits
- Take place outside of Canada
Eligible expenditures include reasonable and essential expenditures to carry out the project. These include:
- Wages and benefits
- Professional fees
- Travel and accommodations
- Materials and supplies
- Printing and communication
- Equipment rental/lease/maintenance
- Administration costs
- Disability support for staff
Projects can receive funding from other sources, including ECSF grants from United Way or Red Cross. However, the same budget item cannot be covered by two separate ECSF grants for the same project.
If you’re unsure of whether to apply here, or your local United Way or Red Cross, please take a look at this infographic for more information.
How are ECSF grants awarded?
Grant applications will be assessed and adjudicated by Port Coquitlam Foundation Grants committee to ensure funding is directed where it’s needed most.
What if I am not a qualified donee?
- Canadian Red Cross provides ECSF financial support through their Granting Program for Non-Profits
- Non-profits may also partner with an intermediary to carry out the activities associated with the funding request.
- Email email@example.com for additional opportunities with Port Coquitlam Foundation Covid-19 Community Support
How do organizations apply?
- If you serve people in the Tri-Cities, apply through the Community Foundations Canada portal below
- If you are unable to apply for ECSF through the online application portal, download and submit a paper-based application.
- Registered Charities and Non-Profit service organizations may apply for PPE provisions and training through Canada Red Cross
Learn more about the program and find out if your organization is eligible to apply.
- View the applicant guide
- View a PDF of the application form
- Download ECSF budget template.
- Non-profits may also partner with and Intermediary to carry out the activities associated with funding requests by completing ECSF Round 2 Intermediary Agreement
- How to Edit Your Application
- How to Download PDF of ECSF Application
Applications now open: