A message from the Port Coquitlam Community Foundation.
We recognize these are difficult times for charities in the Tri-Cities who serve the residents of Port Coquitlam and who continue critical work during the COVID-19 pandemic while modifying or cancelling programs to protect staff, volunteers, clients and the general public.
It is important we continue to learn from each other, ask for help and share resources, ideas and encouragement. We are helping our charitable community partners with the following granting measures:
- Extra time to complete your evaluation forms and project/program. Deadlines for 2019-2020 Grant recipient projects and final report are extended to September 30th, 2020.
- Flexibility to the 2019-2020 grants. It your project/program is disrupted by your focus on COVID-19, you may use the remainder of your funding where it is most needed by your organization. Please contact us know prior to making any changes.
- Extended opportunity to apply for grants. Deadline for 2020-2021 Port Coquitlam Community Foundation grants and Theatre Society Legacy Fund arts grants is now May 31st 2020.
- We have opened up our community grants application to consider projects/programs that respond to needs arising from COVID-19 pandemic in Port Coquitlam.
- Flexibility for organizations who have already submitted a 2020-2021 grant application. You can make adjustments or re-submit an application. We understand timelines or funding outcomes in your original application may be inadvertently altered by the COVID-19 pandemic. Please contact us if you wish to make changes.
- Recognizing the important financial support for students, the Theatre Society Legacy Fund Arts Education Bursaries will be awarded as per the original timeline.
We will help you amplify your messages. Tag us in your social media post or send us information you would like to be shared. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with the handle @pocofoundation.
We acknowledge our fund-holders who have partnered with us to achieve our charitable goals of greater good, greater futures. We assure you our investment experts continue to monitor the markets. The investment policies we have in place are for the long term and include measures to help weather market volatility.
You are our neighbours, our friends and our community. We are here to support you in this time of crisis.
Port Coquitlam Community Foundation