A gift of publicly-traded securities is the least expensive way to make a gift to
The Port Coquitlam Community Foundation
Gifts of Publicly Traded Securities
It’s easy to make a gift of publicly traded securities, mutual funds or stocks. This type of donation starts working immediately and offers you and the PoCo Community Foundation valuable benefits.
BENEFITS OF MAKING A GIFT OF PUBLICLY TRADED SECURITIES:
- It’s easy – securities can be transferred electronically
- By transferring your securities directly to PoCo Community Foundation, you eliminate the capital gains tax
- You receive a charitable tax receipt for the fair market value of the stock upon transfer
- If your donation exceeds the amount eligible for a tax credit in the year your gift is made, the excess credit may be carried forward for up to five years
- Reduce taxes to your estate: If you leave publicly traded securities to PoCo Community Foundation through your will, your taxable capital gain may be eliminated and your estate many claim a tax credit of up to 100% of your net annual income in the year of death and the year preceding
HOW TO GIVE A GIFT OF SECURITIES:
Please follow these two steps to make your gift:
- Use the Gifts of Publicly Traded Securities Form to instruct your broker to initiate the trade and transfer of shares to PoCo Community Foundation
- Send a copy of this form to Guy La Pierre email@example.com
Please seek legal and/or financial advice from a professional. The information provided on this web site is general in nature and is not intended as legal or tax advice.
For more information, please email Guy La Pierre at firstname.lastname@example.org