Grant Information & Application
2018 Grant Application is now Closed!
Each year, the Foundation funds projects proposed by registered charities active in the areas of youth, seniors’ health and wellness, homelessness, arts and culture and organized sports through the PCCF Grant program. The Foundation focuses on projects that take an innovative approach to serving the citizens of Port Coquitlam.
Please review the guidelines below, at the bottom of this page you will find the Grant Application and Budget form.
Our Granting Goals
- Have a direct and meaningful impact on a significant number of people
- When possible, involve community partnerships when granting funds with a goal to maximize and leverage PCCF investments
- Strive to fund programs /services that the PCCF determines are not being offered by other foundations, community groups, etc. (avoid duplication)
- Ensure objectives for each PCCF grant are met and the final report has been received to ensure value is being created for the City of Port Coquitlam
- Endeavour to have each funded project or program align with the PCCF Vision Statement, Mission Statement, and Guiding Principles
- Recognize and value diversity within the community
- Respond to the changing nature of the community by listening to community organizations in order to identify areas of high priority as they arise
Who We Will Fund
- We will consider funding any size of organization
- We will consider funding any type of project, particularly those viewed as being innovative (out-of-the-box)
- We will consider funding any type of opportunity; start-up, operating, etc.
- We will consider funding capital projects (where the capital piece is key to the success of the project)
- We will consider funding salaries as part of an overall project
- We will consider requests for operating funds in cases of emergent need where an applicant has a plan for sustainability
We Will Not Fund
- Organizations that discriminate by race, religion, color, creed, sex, age or national origin
- Individuals (note – this does not apply to bursaries and scholarships)
- Advertising for benefit purposes including sporting events, conferences
- Religious or sectarian organizations unless engaged in a project benefiting the entire community, not just members of the religious or sectarian group
- Annual fundraising campaigns
- Debt retirement
- Retroactively to projects that have already taken place
- Endowment funds
PCCF Funding Rules
- CRA registration must be current and in good standing (with CRA)
- All submitted materials become the property of the PCCF
- Organizations must demonstrate the ability to realize their mission by demonstrating viability and long term stability (i.e., broad based funding and ability to leverage other sources of revenue)
- The potential recipient organization does not have to be based in Port Coquitlam, but the project or program in question must directly impact Port Coquitlam
- The PCCF will operate on an Annual Granting cycle (a single granting cycle per annum)
- Only one request per year will be accepted from a specific grant applicant
- We will fund a specific project/ program for no more than 3 years; the PCCF reserves the right to extend past 3 years
- A successful grant recipient must take a one year break before they can re-apply if they have already received three consecutive years of funding
- In the event the grant recipient cannot complete the project or program, for any reason, all unused PCCF grant money shall be immediately returned
- In the event the grant recipient ceases to operate or becomes insolvent, all unused PCCF grant money shall be immediately returned to PCCF
- The criteria for all granting decision conditions will remain confidential to the PCCF Granting Committee and PCCF board
As part of the review process, the Granting Committee may request to visit the premises of an applicant or program for which funds are requested. While site visits may require some accommodation on the part of both the applicant and the Granting Committee, refusal to accommodate a site visit may result in the application being denied.
Following the review of PCCF Formal Applications, and after consideration of any other information that may have been gained through site visits, the PCCF Granting Committee will make recommendations to the PCCF Board of Directors. All decisions of the PCCF Board of Directors are final.
Rollover of Available PCCF Granting Funds
The PCCF Granting Committee reserves the right to roll-over some or all of the available PCCF granting funds from a specific year to the following years based on a lack of available granting opportunities.
PCCF staff will communicate granting decisions to both successful and unsuccessful PCCF Formal Applicants in a timely fashion, by email.
All successful applicants will be required to sign a PCCF Accountability Agreement prior to receiving funds. The PCCF Accountability Agreement will clearly state all terms and conditions associated with the specific grant received.
All grant recipients will be required to submit a final report as a condition of receiving funding. Failure to submit a final report within the agreed to time frame may result in the denial of future grants or the denial of balance of payments. The Granting Committee will be responsible for defining the specific requirements of a Final Report.
PCCF requires that all grant recipients provide appropriate public recognition for the grant received. PCCF understands that this recognition may have costs attached. Therefore, “appropriate” recognition may differ from case to case depending on the size of the grant and the resources of the recipient, and PCCF will work with grant recipient to determine an appropriate level of public recognition. At its discretion, PCCF may publish details of any grants in its communications materials. All successful applications or their delegates must receive their grant in person at the annual Awards Event in June.
Please remember to download the application word document and the budget document to your desktop and send all required application documents in 1 PDF document.