Gift of Appreciated Stock
Everybody wins when you make a gift of appreciated stock to The PoCo Community Foundation. Your gift stays in Port Coquitlam, helping us to build our local community.
How it Works:
- You make a gift of eligible securities directly to your community foundation.
- Your gift can be placed into a named fund, in the name of your family or business, or in honour of any person or organization you choose. For example, you can use your gift to create a Designated Fund or a Donor Advised Fund. Or you can establish an Unrestricted Fund so your gift can respond to the most pressing community needs.
- Your gift qualifies for a tax credit and you avoid the capital gains tax that would otherwise arise from the sale of this stock.
- We handle all the administrative details.
- Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift – and all future earnings from your gift – is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever.
- Giving eligible appreciated stocks, mutual funds or employee options through a community foundation is popular among a range of givers – individual investors, families, entrepreneurs, and even groups of friends who have formed investment club.
By giving stock through your community foundation, you can avoid capital gains taxes that would be due as a result of the sale of the stock and establish a charitable fund that benefits the local causes and organizations you care about most. With gifts of appreciated stock, your stock market earnings translate into community impact, so you get a more rewarding return on your portfolio. You can support special programs for at-risk youth, senior citizens, or other people in need; address environmental concerns; or support the arts.
For more information, please contact for a strictly confidential discussion about your plan:
Guy La Pierre
#101-2655 Mary Hill Road
Port Coquitlam, BC